Deleted accounts can't be reactivated, meaning that if you change your mind you'll need to create a new account - all your photos, chat history, and member interactions (Matches, friends etc.) will be deleted forever when you close your account. Upgrades from deleted accounts do not transfer over to new accounts.
To delete your account on Wight Dating:
1. Head over to your Settings page.
2. Locate the option 'Delete Account'.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts.
If you don't remember your password or you are getting an error that your username/password does not match when you try to log in, you can have a login link emailed to you by clicking here.
If you don’t receive an email after a few minutes, check your spam or junk folders and add email@example.com to your safe sender's list so our emails to you aren't being blocked.
If you see an error showing terms of service violation or that your account was suspended, send us a message so we can check this out for you.
Looking to update your email address?
1. Go to your Settings (found when looking at "My Profile").
2. Find the "Change email" button.
3. Edit your email, and click "Save".
A picture can say 1000 words and can really make your profile stand out, and we know how much effort you put into picking the images you want to share. We know it can hurt when a photo is removed, so we wanted to share some reasons why your image may have been removed. If you think we made a mistake, we are happy to take a second look by getting in touch with us by filling out our contact form.
Images that contain the following content will result in your account being permanently banned:
1. They include a child (even if they are your own family). Having images of children on a public profile is a big no, no. Simply put, profile images can be saved and shared by others by taking a screenshot, which is a risk we are not willing to take.
2. Drawings, caricatures, or other illustrations and copyrighted images.
3. Identifying information (ie, registration plates, email or web addresses, visible street address numbers, etc.).
4. Shows of violence, violent gestures, or gruesome imagery.
5. Depictions of criminal activity or drug use.
6. Racist or hate imagery.
Changing up your profile is a great way to draw some new attention and help spice your profile! You can update your profile details at any time including your bio, description, and interests.
1. Go to your profile and select 'Edit profile'.
2. Update all the details and fields you want to change.
3. Select 'Update'.
Accidentally enter the wrong date of birth? Please contact us and we'll get this updated for you.
Upgraded members can update their username if they come up with something more clever or that represents them better. If you want to change your username and are not an upgraded member, you can upgrade your membership any time.
Oh no! After you uploaded the image, it's displaying sideways. Here's how to fix that.
1. Go to your profile.
2. Click on the white camera icon on your profile photo.
3. Click either 'Rotate left' or 'Rotate right'.
Ever wish you could block people in real life? While not all dreams come true, when it comes to the online world, we have that option. Blocking a profile prevents them from sending you a message.
1. Access to the profile you wish to block.
2. Click the '3 dots' below their profile photo, select 'Block User'.
Blocked them by accident or have a change of heart? You can always unblock them by logging into your account, and go to Settings > Block List or view your list of blocked profiles here.
Just to note, blocking someone will prevent them from viewing your profile and they will be notified of this. If you feel like someone is still bothering you online, feel free to report that to us.
We know it can be worrying when there's a message missing from your inbox - it doesn't happen often, but when it does it usually happens for good reason. There are a whole bunch of scenarios that could cause this, and it's hard to break down every situation so we'll try to keep it short and sweet, but if you're still curious you're welcome to send us an email.
I was talking with someone and now I can't find our messages!
If you were chatting with a member and you can't find their profile or past messages, it most likely means their profile is no longer active on Wight Dating.
I got a notification that I got a message and now I can't find it
We remove the message altogether as we want to prevent our members from potentially reading or seeing something unpleasant or unwanted.
I want to look back at a past conversation can I do that?
To keep your inbox neat and tidy we remove conversations older than 180 days.
Hiding your Wight Dating profile and browsing anonymously is only available to premium members. Hidden accounts won't be shown in public areas of Wight Dating, but you will be able to continue to chat with members.
How to become anonymous
1. Head to your Profile.
2. On the right-hand side, find the 'Online now' button.
3. Toggle on or off.
On occasion, members that continuously break our Community Guidelines will be banned. A banned account means your profile is removed and your account is closed. Banned members are not allowed to create new accounts with Wight Dating. If your account is banned, you are not eligible for a refund.
We don’t take these steps lightly. All banned accounts are carefully reviewed before the decision is made. Once that decision is made, it’s final.